Just me and the Boys

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lemon Bars and a sick baby

Last night we were suppose to go to a dinner for graduating Seniors at our church.  Eli had been in a bad mood all day and so we decided it would be best if I stayed home with him. I might have been sort of, kind of, BIG time pouty about this.  I made the dessert we were suppose to bring and sent Curt on his way.  His way to eat steak and loaded baked potatoes.  With adults.  Without me.  Really, I'm over it!
 Anywho, woke up this morning to get ready for church only to discover Eli has a temp. of 103.5, tonsils red and swollen....hello strep, is that you?  Needless to say, I feel like mother of the year for being such a baby about having to miss out on last night and not even noticing I had a sick child.  I think I will go eat a Lemon Bar I saved from the dessert I sent last night...to the dinner I didn't get to go to.

The Best Lemon Bars. Ever.

Crust:
1 C Butter
1/2 C Powdered Sugar
2 C Flour

Cut butter into sugar and flour and press into a 13 x 9 cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.

Filling:
4 Eggs
1 t Baking powder
1/4 C Lemon juice
2 C Sugar
1/2 C Flour
1/2 t Salt

Mix well and pour into baked crust and put back into the oven for another 25 minutes.

While still hot, ice with:
3/4 C Powdered sugar
2 T Lemon juice
2 T Butter, melted

Chill for several hours before cutting into diamonds and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment